Wednesday, July 2, 2008

No turning back now!!

That's it! I've completely lost it! I have just agreed to take off a week and a half from work to drive three Ridgebacks 1,622 miles, to go to a show that will have me competing against 20 of the nicest Ridgeback puppies in the country! It's all Sarah's fault. She was the one who got me hooked on this whole dog show thing to begin with and now look at me. Next thing you know, I'll be trading in my WRX for a motor home with a big mural of Ridgeback's hunting lions in the African bush!


That's ok though. I have really gotten into this stuff and enjoy it. Sure, there are politics and crazies like you've seen in the movie Best in Show, but there are also a few very down to Earth, have a good time, kind of people. And they make it all worth while!

So yeah, in September I'll be going the the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the US National Specialty, in Gettysburg Pennsylvania! It will be a week of showing, seminars (ick), and apparently these Ridgeback people know how to throw down, so lots of drinking, laughing, and most importantly FUN!!

Pictures of Rowan playing with the new toy Justin got him:







1 comment:

Denise said...

Yah. These darn dogs make us lose all sense of reason and make us want to get out there in the ring and show them and lure course them, etc. have so much fun at the Specialty.