Monday, September 8, 2008

Dog Show Take 2

So Rowan and I had another show this weekend. My nerves were better and he was just as happy as can be! We got tons of comments on how much fun he was to watch and how wonderful his temperament was, which to me are 1000 times more important than complements on his structure and movement. Don't get me wrong I like hearing that too, but with this breed temperament is everything, and I know what Rowan has and doesn't have as far as his conformation goes :)


Saturday I was running a bit late so was rushed and didn't really have time to get Rowan or I focused, but the judge was wonderful with him and made it really positive for both of us. Too bad his temperament didn't impress the judge a bit more...we placed 3rd out of 4.


Sunday I made sure to get there a bit early and had time to get my head in the game. MUCH better "show ring" performance out of Rowan and we placed 2nd out of 4 that day. I was pretty darn happy with my little boy. Our next show is the National Specialty, the preliminary count is up to 700 and something Ridgebacks....THAT should be interesting!


No fun pictures from this show, so I'll just post up a sample from our photo shoot with Claire Bow at http://www.denverdogphotography.com/


1 comment:

Denise said...

Good luck at the Nationals. Finn's first will be the 27th. We did not show in Atlanta last month.

I think you are doing wonderful with him!