Sarah lives in Nebraska. It’s not THAT bad of a drive, about 8 hours. Justin and I did our first trip there and back in one day, a little rough, probably won’t do it again, but we survived. The worst part about the drive is the music, I mean you would think an iPod loaded with tunes, legally copied from CD's that were paid for, would suffice, but not for us. We have what I like to call Music ADD. Neither of us can listen to a single song for more than, oh about 30 seconds. So that plus the fact that I put a lot of older stuff that I'm sick of, makes the hundreds of song wiz by real fast. So I've come up with a solution, audio books! We both love to read, but get motion sickness if we read in the car, SO voila problem solved!
So today after work I decided to go by the local public library to check out their audio book collection. MAN! I forgot how much I love libraries! I haven't been in one in about three years. I have no idea why, they are great! It’s so peaceful and full of free entertainment, doesn’t get much better than that. They have everything these days. Millions of books, DVD's, audio books, computers with free internet service, even CD's. Mostly classical and opera, but I dig that kind of thing so it made my library visit even more satisfying.
So when I got there I got a shiny new library card and proceeded to the computer to look up a few books I knew I wanted to read/listen to. I typed in the info, got the number to go find said books, found the books and went to check out. The librarian scanned the books and when I went to give her my card, it was nowhere to be found. I had literally lost my card in less than 15 minutes. I felt like a complete IDIOT. To top it all off the librarian who was checking me out was the same one who had issued the card to me just the few minutes before. DOH! Furiously checking all my pockets and little card holders of my wallet, which of course are crammed full with dumb crap I never use, I remembered that I had pulled it out to reserve a copy of The Golden Compass at the computer. So I ran upstairs and tada! it was right where I left it, on top of the computer. Whew! Ran back downstairs finished checking out, and happily drove home.
So now, I’ve got Loki, my cat beside me, a warm blanket and a good book to start. I am so excited! It’s called Still Life with Elephant by Judy Reene Singer. She is a fellow Dressage rider and animal lover, who has recently rescued two baby elephants, how cool is THAT? I hope it’s good. I'll fill ya'll in when I'm done....
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Library Cards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI nana
this is the second time I try to send comment to no avail. I signed up and hope this will go thru ,or I shoot the screen. I was giving you more insparationnal material for the heavenly baptisum of the child prodige.... tarrasasbulba, atila the hun for our franc ancesters, orion, niaggara(might suffer a weak bladder) amadeus, mozart, sacha, elvis is always good, timber, tomboy, toto just wear red shoes when showing.. more later love mom
Post a Comment