Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home

8 hours of this ^^^
That's what our drive home from Nebraska was like. He was an absolute doll. Sleeping the whole time only waking up to tell us he had to go potty.
So you know how some mothers talk about how perfect their new babies are? They never cry, never poop, never wake them up in the middle of the night? No? Maybe I just made that up from personal experience because that's how I feel, not because Rowan fits that description, AT ALL. But because I don't CARE that he cries, poops, or wakes me up in the middle of the night to go outside and freeze my tush off. I just love him so much! I don't know if its the Ridgeback personality that draws me so close to him, or the sweet cuddles, or that "hound" smell mixed with puppy breath, but I just can't get enough of him. Unfortunately I do have to leave him to avoid separation anxiety down the road, I think that is the hardest part about raising him. Not the endless squawking during crate training, not the hundreds of trips outside to potty, its definitely the leaving him for 20 minutes that is SO much harder :)
Yes, I do have the world ugliest couch, thank you.


No comments: