Now, I'm an animal lover to no end, but there is just something about snakes that scares the living crap outa me. So the second I spotted the horrid creature, I turned and bolted back to the office. Rowan never even had a chance to see it I was moving so fast. I came blasting into the office huffing and puffing about an enormous man eating snake, so naturally my co-workers do the unthinkable grab a camera and demand I show it to them. So I mustered up all the courage I could and went back outside to face my fears. I was relieved when I saw that the snake was no longer in the original spot and was ready to turn around and go back in. But NO, Heather wanted to LOOK for the damn thing. So we wade into the foot tall grass and after almost stepping on the freaking thing I find it. Of course. So after about 3 shots the creature gets cranky and assumes the S shaped strike position, thanks to watching way too much Animal Planet I knew it was really time to get the F outa there.
So here are the pictures:
The sucker was at least 4 feet long!

Man eating snake head
Now I get to go out and worry about the snake lurking in our potty spot, just waiting to get us approximately 5 times a day....
Turns out he was a Bull Snake, sometimes know as a Gopher Snake. Which are non-venomous but have been know to have quite the tempers. I guess IF I weren't afraid of snakes, I'd say this was a pretty one....
1 comment:
i TOTALLY would have freaked out too! roux and i go trail running a lot and for a while we saw a rattle snake EVERY time we'd go. now i won't go unless my boyfriend comes too; i HATE snakes!!
Post a Comment